I really enjoy the concept of true love being tested. I hope you'll explore this theme further.
For example, imagine you're a beautiful woman. You're in a happy, long-term relationship with a wonderful, good looking guy. You love each other so much.
Everything was going great until your geeky, flat chested roommate used powerful, dark magic to steal your beauty. She now has your beautiful face, blonde locks, and female curves while you have her plain face, small boobs, and boyish figure.
Your boyfriend, always the knight in shining armor, told you that he still loved you and wasn't going anywhere. He told you that he loved you no matter what you looked like. But things inevitably changed...
Sure thing. My next cap will be about true love and the victim will be as described. Wall of text incoming:
Whenever I think of true love being tested I always think of this scene from The Little Mermaid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-jKxkBtG1I Or this scne from the Swan Princess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCeqLtsWb5A
Or this caption from tehswitcher: http://tehswitcherscaptions.blogspot.com/2015/05/wheres-my-girlfriend.html
I've created a new label called "True Love". The theme will be a darker take on the Disney concept and focus on the awkward and strained interaction between the victim and her boyfriend who now seem like strangers.
It'll be less about humiliation of the female character by the thief and more about the insecurities that develop for the victim. Usually it will be a two parter detailing the POV of the girlfriend and boyfriend. The theme will also explore what urges the boyfriend has for the girlfriend's old body (nobody is perfect).
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and those links. Really appreciate them, especially your explanation that you want to "focus on the awkward and strained interaction between the victim and her boyfriend". A darker take on the Disney concept would be very cool.
I'm so glad to hear that this theme interests you as well. :)
I really enjoy the concept of true love being tested. I hope you'll explore this theme further.
ReplyDeleteFor example, imagine you're a beautiful woman. You're in a happy, long-term relationship with a wonderful, good looking guy. You love each other so much.
Everything was going great until your geeky, flat chested roommate used powerful, dark magic to steal your beauty. She now has your beautiful face, blonde locks, and female curves while you have her plain face, small boobs, and boyish figure.
Your boyfriend, always the knight in shining armor, told you that he still loved you and wasn't going anywhere. He told you that he loved you no matter what you looked like. But things inevitably changed...
Sure thing. My next cap will be about true love and the victim will be as described.
DeleteWall of text incoming:
Whenever I think of true love being tested I always think of this scene from The Little Mermaid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-jKxkBtG1I
Or this scne from the Swan Princess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCeqLtsWb5A
Or this caption from tehswitcher:
http://tehswitcherscaptions.blogspot.com/2015/05/wheres-my-girlfriend.html
I've created a new label called "True Love". The theme will be a darker take on the Disney concept and focus on the awkward and strained interaction between the victim and her boyfriend who now seem like strangers.
It'll be less about humiliation of the female character by the thief and more about the insecurities that develop for the victim. Usually it will be a two parter detailing the POV of the girlfriend and boyfriend. The theme will also explore what urges the boyfriend has for the girlfriend's old body (nobody is perfect).
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and those links. Really appreciate them, especially your explanation that you want to "focus on the awkward and strained interaction between the victim and her boyfriend". A darker take on the Disney concept would be very cool.
DeleteI'm so glad to hear that this theme interests you as well. :)